'Tis the season for New Year's Resolutions. I figure if I go public with mine, maybe I will stick with them better! Here goes:
1. I resolve to be more patient with my children
2. I resolve to finish quilting and binding the quilts lurking in my quilt cupboard, including:
a. Mom's blue flying geese quilt
b. Elliott's hawaiian patchwork quilt
c. The black, white, and blue swap quilt
d. My victoria's crown quilt
e. Emma's butterfly quilt
f. My family room quilt
(wow, that is a depressing amount of quilts!)
3. I resolve to read the scriptures more faithfully
4. I resolve to keep my house cleaner
5. (I know these don't usually work, but here goes) I resolve to lose 7 lbs. before we go to Hawaii in a few months.
And how, you ask, will she accomplish all of these?
#'s 1 and 4 will be easier if I spend more time doing activities with my children... At least, that is how it has been in the past. So I will start playing with them more, and having them help me more.
#3 means I will have to start setting the alarm a little earlier in the morning, and get up to read then.
#2 will be accomplished in the evening after the kids have gone to bed. When Elliott and I are relaxing in the basement, I will pull out a quilt each night, instead of just sitting there (I have already started on this one!)
and #5 I will have to get rid of all the junk in our house, stop eating when I am bored, and start exercising more! One pound a week shouldn't be too hard.
Maybe each Sunday I will update my progress on the blog, as a way to make sure I stay true to those resolutions! Check back soon!