This morning I finished the quilt I was making for the winter quilt swap going on in blogland.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out. My original design did not have a pieced border or as much quilting as the quilt ended up with, but I have always felt that quilting was a process not to be rushed, and I am happy with the end result.
I hand-quilted a grid around the circles, and did a minimal amount of quilting in the borders, as you can see from the detail shot.
Here is the backing fabric... I showed this fabric when I first bought it, and I was happy to have a chance to use it already.
The woman I made this for wanted a modern, whimsical quilt, and lime green is her favorite color. This backing, while not exactly lime green, is fairly close (the lighting isn't very good today!) I ended up really loving this quilt, and may make a similar one for myself... I hope *** likes it too.